Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First Blog, Ever!

Well, it is official. I have made it to the 21st Century. This blog that I have created will do one thing only: give you good books to read.

A little history as to why I thought this worthwhile: my girlfriend's sister, who lives and works in downtown Presque Isle, asked me one day what I thought would be a good book for her to read. I made a suggestion and she loved it. The book in question was The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothenfuss. It's a fantasy book, but reads like a Harry Potter with a more adult feel. I recommend this to anyone with fondness for fantasy, Harry Potter, or even Lord of The Rings.

With this success, she asked me for more good reads and I threw out some titles (of course, I can't think of what they were now) and she devoured them within weeks. She then made the offhanded suggestion that I start a blog on my facebook page. Not knowing exactly how to go about this, I decided to try my hand with Google guiding me.

Going forward, please let me know what you think about the site, about any good books, or authors that I may enjoy. I have never done a blog before and am open to criticism as long as it is constructive.

Thank you and good reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment