Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Name Of The Wind

If you are looking for the next Harry Potter novels that will suck you into another world and not let go, try this book: The Name Of The Wind. This is one of the first books that I have recommended whole-heartedly to a plethora of people and heard nothing but good responses. Maybe they are just telling me what I want to hear, but I sincerely doubt it. First of all, they knew different characters from the book, which tells me they paid attention.

What You May Like About It:

Patrick Rothfuss, the author, has created his own world that lives and breathes with the vitality of Middle Earth, at least for me. Kwothe, the main character, is just amazing. Every trial and tribulation leaves you wondering how you would handle such a situation, leading you to be drawn in without really realizing it. The villains are mysterious and, of course, ultimately dangerous. People get arrested for even talking about them in the larger towns.

Kwothe is a tragic character, but one that doesn't sit idly by. He searches out his knowledge with fervor and vigor. His personality gets him most places, that and his natural ability for magic. He also has a natural ability for getting into trouble that leads him to many discoveries and adventures.

What You May Not Like About It:

Well, it is a fantasy book. If you won't even touch goblins or anything of the sort, don't bother. This is fantasy at it's finest and won't allow for anything else.

My suggestion is read it. It reads very fast, in fact, I was reading it everywhere. I literally could not put this book down. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment