Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crooked Little Vein

So I took a bit of a hiatus in between my blogs. In all fairness, I have been busy reading, to tell you the truth. I just finished Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons. The book was great, but a little long. I will review that later. For now, I wanted to recommend this book, Crooked Little Vein. I do so with a little reservation because of the lewd content. I digress though. Let me get down to brass tax.

What You May Like About It:

This is told in the classic noir voice with colorings of depression and despair that border on hilarity. The narrator is a down on his luck private detective (of course) and just has nothing but contempt for most of the human race. After all the depravity he sees and experiences, I can kind of see why. There is a lot of humor here as he searches for the second Constitution of the United States among crooked senators, gay personal trainers, and movie buffs (not the kind you are thinking, let me tell you).

What You May Not Like About It:

Well, don't say I didn't warn you, but this book has got some very strange fetishes and people in it. There are things in this book that made me cringe and laugh out loud. It's not for everyone (read kind of disturbing) and should only be read by adults. I wouldn't leave this lying around for some teenager to come across by chance. It may lead to therapy for the youngster.

But, as off-color humor goes, it's great. Read on. Let me know what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment